Melanie, thank you for posting. It is nice to know that all our hard work and efforts were felt. We had fun planning, doing and serving. I learned alot of things I would never have taken the time to learn had we not done this. Like making butterflies for the cupcakes, and typing out Gramma Lucilles history and finding pictures to go with it. Gathering all of her treasures to display. Making hanging puff flowers to hang. Reading and learning so much about butterflies. I have always liked them but now I will always think of the retreat when I see a butterfly.
I will always think: to become a butterfly you must want to fly so much that you give up being a caterpillar. We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty. I hope we all become better. Like Pres. Hinckley said,"You can be excellent in everyway, You can be first class There is no need for you to be a scrub....
I finished the baby blanket, I hope you all had fun crocheting your block, maybe Marli will post us some pictures on here so everyone can see the fun we had. And maybe just once you could try and make the fudge or the cake from Gramma Lucilles recipes. :)
Remember Your eternal place depends on what you do in this life Find Joy in YOUR journey.
If you have a pulse you have a purpose!!!
I love you all, Lisa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I saw a huge yellow and black butterfly in my yard the other day and it made me think of the retreat.
I'd love to see a picture of the baby blanket. I bet it's beautiful.
Thank you so much girls for all your hard work. I am usually not one for these kinds of things. However, I am so glad that I made the effort and came. I had never really heard my mom Billie talk about her mom grandma Lucille. It was very touching to me. I am glad that I have my mother still and did not lose her at such a young age. Thanks for all the great BONDING!!!!
Lisa, Hi this is Teri
Rothlisberger. I just came across your blog and it sounds like you had a great time at your Bond retreat. My 2 sisters, I and our daughters (9 of them)started this before my mother passed away we have gotten together going on 7 yrs with the same type of idea. We call it "Legacy Luncheon" We rotate every year and the family in charge picks a theme then everyone writes a little something about it. We all have a notebook with everyone thoughts and some type of cover page that we do as a group and have a lunch. We all have a great time and look forward to it every year.
Keep it up.... We have learned so much about our grandparents and etc.
Post a Comment