Well, I guess it's just you and me Marli. Doesn't feel like anyone else reads this....But, I wanted to also share Grandmother Sylvia's favorite song. I found out this was her favorite song at church one day a couple of years back, when we sang it in church and Idelle Nicoll told me it was Sylvia's favorite song. Another reason it is special to me is that Daddy told me he had a dream one night that he was in heaven and he could hear this choir of angels singing and they were singing "Sweet Hour of Prayer". He said it was the most beautiful music that he had ever heard; better than the Tabernacle Choir could ever do. It was later that we found out it was his mother's favorite song.
SWEET HOUR OF PRAYER
Sweet hour of prayer! Sweet hour of prayer! That calls me from a world of care
And bids me at my Father's throne Make all my wants and wishes known.
In seasons of distress and grief, My sould has often found relief.
And oft escaped the tempter's snare By thy return Sweet hour of prayer!
Sweet hour of prayer! Sweet hour of prayer! Thy wings shall my petition bear
To him whose truth and faithfulness Engage the waiting soul to bless
And since he bids me seek his face Believe his word, and trust his grace.
I"ll cast on him my every care, And wait for thee, Sweet hour of Prayer!
When I read these words and think of her. I think that these words must have brought her comfort. She knew she was leaving her family, her little babies, how sad and heavy her heart must have been. I know that prayer can soothe the soul and heal the broken heart. I would think that as a Grandmother she would give us these words of advise if she where here. To always turn to our Heavenly Father in prayer and seek him always. Believe his words and trust his grace. To escape the tempter's snare and feel my Savior's love in times of need is a great blessing. I am very thankful that I found out this was Grandmother Sylvia's favorite song I think it gives great insight to the kind of person she was.
Pray always, and remember you come from good people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Oh, that is cool. What did Papa say when he found out it was his Mom's favorite?
I remember someone telling me once when I was a kid it was her favorite, but I can't remember who it was. Yeah, I'm with you Lisa I am sure her heart was very full and the only way she could leave her babies was with the comfort that prayer brought.
I like hearing about Papa's dream it's similar to how Marli heard Grandpa singing in heaven after he passed. It's sweet and I like picturing our loved ones singing together in heaven.
I didn't know you had a blog. I just went to it accidentally. I will have to spend some time looking.
Post a Comment